ALS Technology Co., Ltd.
ALS Technology Co., Ltd.
| Top Page | Corporate profile | Our company's product - Vacuum part | Exhibition | Asking | Coming to our office | Legal Notices
Low-Energy Inverse Photoemission Spectroscopy
Table of contents
Introduction of LEIPS system LE-1
- What is LEIPS?
- LE-1 basic structure of measurement
- LE-1 Features
Introduction of LEIPS system
1. LEIPS(Low-Energy Inverse Photoemission Spectroscopy)
It is equally important to know correct value of the LUMO level (electronic conduction) and the HOMO level (hole conduction) for development, the performance improvement of the organic semiconductor.
But there was no appropriate method available to measure the LUMO levels accurately.
Professor of Chiba University Hiroyuki Yoshida (formerly professor of Kyoto University) newly developed the method to measure of highly precise LUMO level.
ALS Technology Co.,Ltd. concluded "an license agreement contract" for the intellectual property of LEIPS between Kyoto University and manufactured it as LE-1 on April, 2015.
LEIPS system LE-1
2. What is LEIPS?
Principle of LEIPS is theoretically based on IPES (Inverse Photoemission Spectroscopy).
In principle, IPES is superior to measure the light emission hv when electrons is relieved in the LUMO levels directly.
But the problems are...
- Signal strength is weak and sensitivity is low.
- Low energy resolution.
- Sample damage because of irradiation of a large quantity of electron whose energy range is up to about 15eV.
By decreasing the electron kinetic energy below 5eV, the emitting photons can be analyzed in the near ultraviolet range.
- Since adoption of isochromat mode, the dielectric multilayer film band pass filter with high sensitivity and energy resolution can be used for the spectrum.
- BaO cathode is used at electron gun for achieving high electron energy resolution.
- The adoption of the high sensitivity photomultiplier is available.
3. LE-1 basic structure of measurement
After entering the measurement parameters and then starting the measurement, the sample current spectrum and the LEIPS spectrum can be measured automatically.
The automatic measurement is possible repeatedly, too.
The vacuum level and the electron affinity can be easily obtained through the calculation on the measurement result with simple operation.
4. LE-1 Features
Top Page | Corporate profile | Our company's product - Vacuum parts | Exhibition | Inquiry | Coming to our office | Legal Notices |
Copyright©ALS Technology Co.,Ltd. All Rights Reserved.